Bienvenido, Invitado
Por favor Entrar o Registrarse.    Contraseña olvidada?

Gluten Free Diet & Uveitis
(1 viendo) (1) Invitado
Foro de Salud: Enfermedades frecuentes, dietética y alimentación, seguros médicos y cómo llevar una vida sana
AbajoPágina: 1
TEMA: Gluten Free Diet & Uveitis
Gluten Free Diet & Uveitis hace 7 Meses Karma: 0
Hello,

I want to share my story on how the gluten free diet improved my health. A year and 1/2 ago I was diagnosed with bilateral chronic uveitis. At the same time, I was experiencing SEVERE back pain. After undergoing many tests (spondylitis, lupus, arthritis), I still did not have an answer (all came back negative although I am HLA-B27 positive). My uveitis flare ups were so severe that I was up to 100mg of oral steroids (prednisone) and pred forte drops every hour at times.

Six months ago I was tested for Celiac disease which came back negative. I decided to try the gluten free diet anyway (at this point I was told that the next drug of choice would be methotrexate and I was willing to do anything to avoid this). About 2 months into the diet, my back pain went from a 10 on the pain scale to a 0. And six months in, my eyes are quiet.

I am not suggesting that this is the answer for everyone, but it is worth a try if you are suffering. I also recognize that a healthy diet (which consists of many vegetables and no processed foods) may be part of the reason for my improvement (the gluten free diet is low-carb and you cannot eat most processed foods). I am truly amazed by my improvements, and it would be worth all of the frustration and pain if I could help at least one person out there. Good luck-

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
iritis.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=3966
Corporate animation Company

Thanks
MichaelSmith
MichaelSmith
graphgraph
graphgraph
Usuario Offline Presiona aquí para ver el perfil de este usuario
El administrador ha deshabilitado la escritura pública.

ArribaPágina: 1